Friday, April 10, 2009

8 things to do when you've had a bad day

8 things to do when you've had a bad day
It seems like everyone I've talked to today had one of those days. Nothing tragically bad or anything... just a garden variety crappy day. Just so you know... I'm no therapist, so if things are really awful for you, then go see someone. But, if you're just crabby, or work sucked, or your spouse is giving you a headache, or the car broke down... here are my 8 things to do when you've had a bad day... in no particular order of course.

1. Stare at stuff. Some people choose the TV, some the computer... me, I just stare at whatever for as long as I can stand it. Does it help? Heck no, but after a while, I get really bored and go to sleep. Which is a good thing as long as I don't dream about my crappy day.

2. Make fun of other people. Nothing makes me feel more special than making fun of someone who can't spell or mispronounces things. You might be spelling impaired... that's okay. Just make fun of the bald guy (that would be me) or the lady who loves Coldplay (Dawn). Whatever it is that makes you feel like you're better than someone, laugh at them for it. Maybe not in their face unless you're a close friend (my friends can make fun of my lack of hair all they want because it won't bother me) and you know it won't make them sad.

3. Do the Safety Dance. You can dance if you wannoo, you can leave your friends behind. Cuz yer friends don't dance and if they don't dance well they're no friends of mine. Youtube it. Great fun.

4. Look at your high school yearbook. This is especially good if you went to high school in the 80's. Oh my gosh were we a bunch of dorks. Look at that hair. What was she thinking? What was I thinking when I thought she looked cute? Oh, and that guy was Mr. popularity? HAH! The guys who were the big nerds... bet that several of them made their fortunes and are laughing at that guy who was on the football team and now all he has to show for it is a bad knee and a big gut.

5. Tease your pets. Nothing says fun like putting tape on the bottom of kitty's paws and watching her go a little crazy. Unless of course, it's feeding Fido a stick of chewing gum or a tootsie roll and watching him try to chew it up.

6. Do something awkward in public. Stuck at a stop light? Put your finger in your nose and turn to the window and look at the person in the next car. Go to the safeway and when a song comes on that you know, sing it... and be loud! If you see someone in the aisle that you don't know, walk right toward them as they walk toward you and make them do that little dance with you. You know the one. Both go right, both go left, trying not to run into each other. It's much more fun when you do it on purpose. Trust me.

7. Embarass your kids. You gotta love turning your kids all red. Especially when they are with friends. It's just too much fun to talk about things they did when they were younger... or things you did last night. They love that. Trust me on this one too.

8. Smile. It could be worse.

John

3 comments:

  1. I can't choose a favorite suggestion... they are all so hilarious! Nicely done YO! :)

    Love, Becki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like number 6, since I myself have done it on many occasions. And yes, it works.

    On a serious note, when I am in public, I find myself staring at stranger's faces and I can see the scars and pain of a rough life, or the signs of overindulgence or the signs of joy in that person's life. A person's face tells it all. It's like a record. Sometimes I feel the overwhelming urge to ask them what the problem is or why they are behaving the way they are. I guess I should start my own blog, John. See y'all tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the smiles! :) although I am not for number 7... yet. Actually I remember a time when you were mad bc I was em barassed at the rolar-rink :)..... Im sure I will do the same to Emma and Conner! LOL. The Safety dance was purty funny.... what's with the cheerleader-style "S"? for Safety? LMAO!!! Thanks again Dad :)

    ReplyDelete