Friday, March 27, 2009

Sickness Be Damned!

This has been a rough week all the way around! I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm sick, I am completely drained and devoid of any desire to be productive in any way. The only thing I want to do is look at the back of my eyelids. Let me tell you, I've looked at the back of mine a lot the past couple of days, and man o man have I had some really bizarre dreams as a result of that! I'm sure the antibiotics the doctor prescribed have a lot to do with that.

John seems to be kicking the bug with the same attitude he always has when he starts to get sick... "I am NOT getting sick!" For some reason, when I try to kick a bug headed my way, my legs get swiped out from beneath me and I'm down for the count. I'm sure my employer thinks I'm out having a great time shopping. I'd love to show him the multitude of wadded up kleenex on my floor filled with, well... you get the picture.

So my thought today has been "why in the world do we have to work 5 days a week and only rest for 2 days a week." I say that tongue in cheek, a bit. But I actually mean it. John and I are not cut out for working for someone else full time. That has always been something we both want to conquer as soon as possible. Part of our "goal reaching" is to get us to that point. We have talents. I don't know if anyone would pay to see John juggle eggs or not, but we got talents.

Tonite, I saw my husband dance/bounce up and down on the bed because he has come up with a great idea that we are going to pursue. I won't share what it is yet. It will be sprung on the world soon enough. But, I just thought you should know, that even though we are sick and feeling cruddy and foggy headed... we can at least still THINK about our goals. This one is a good one. Genius even. Worthy of adding to the posterboard, lemme tell ya.

It's late. I just needed to get this down before I fall asleep tonite. Goals are worth striving for. And sometimes, when you become goal oriented, a great idea hits. I love that. - Dawn

1 comment:

  1. Truly looking forward to hearing about the amazing/genius idea!

    ReplyDelete