Wednesday, March 25, 2009

quitting smoking

So now I am feeling sick as well. Not nearly as bad as the other two in my house, but not good either. Dawn went to the doc and she has bronchitis and an ear infection. I just ache everywhere. Sarah is in the kitchen coughing every 30 seconds or so. We aren't very motivated to go for goals right now. I've been motivated to sit around and do nothing today though. I accomplished that one for sure. WTG John!

Anyway, I don't feel that this will be too big of a setback. I'm just hoping that Dawn's antibiotics, and my vitamin C and rest will help us have a better day tomorrow. Here's the good thing that has come out of it. WE ARE GOING TO QUIT SMOKING! It's been something that we've wanted to do for a long time, but never seem to get done. Last time we tried, I was the one who caved. I was not functioning at all. After a week, I literally stopped being human. Couldn't eat, sleep, couldn't do my business if you know what I mean, and I was not a nice person. Those of you who know me know that I'm almost always nice. I got downright nasty.

Not this time though. I've tried the patch and the gum and pills and none of them worked. What works for me is the lozenges. I bought some not so long ago and when I really need a smoke and can't go have one, I take one of those. They work. Of course I'll have to wean myself off of those over time, but I am going to make it. Dawn did okay last time, other than having to deal with her nasty husband. It's going to work! We need to do it for our health, and we need the money. Cigs are going up around a buck a pack in this area the first of next month. I'm seriously done this time. I mean it!
John

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome you two! I'm excited for both of you and so glad that you have made the committment.... I will be praying for your success!!

    "I can do EVERYTHING through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

    "Everything is possible for him who believes." Mark 9:23

    ReplyDelete